NO LONGER AN ACTIVE BLOGGER! --- REVIEW POLICY

Follow me on Instagram

Friday 2 March 2018

REVIEW: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

13455782Amazon | Book Depository

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.



I was provided with a copy by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a review.

I loved this book! When I first picked it up I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know how much I'd like it and I was just left craving for more.



I love the writing! I've never really encountered anything like it before and I just loved it. I liked how there would be some crossed out phrases or sentences and switched with others, it kind of made it easier to connect to Juliette.

I usually don't like it when books are written in present tense because the characters usually sound very distanced and hard to connect to but for this one, it just works great especially paired with the crossed out lines. It's awesome.

I loved the story. In the beginning, the mysterious setting (at least I thought it was mysterious) just got me into the right move for this novel and then I read it in one go. I loved it. Even though the idea may not be one of the most original ones, I liked how it was executed and presented.

I loved Juliette. She's been through a lot but somehow she has managed to keep her sanity and she doesn't fall for Warner's sweet talk.

I may like Juliette, she is very rebellious but I really didn't like Adam, especially not in the beginning. His actions at first just set me off, he behaved like every other selfish person in the world, like a total bastard (leaving her to sleep on the floor and things like that), I just didn't like it.

However, I did like the action parts, I love it when the characters have to escape from somewhere and then look for a sanctuary. I really enjoyed the further events in Shatter Me, especially when Juliette got to use her curse powers to kick some ass.

I'm very satisfied with the book overall. I loved the ending and I was so excited to learn that the author is going to publish another book in the series!

Have you read Shatter Me? What do you think?
Are you excited about Restore Me?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds pretty good! I can totally see reading this series at some point.

    ReplyDelete