NO LONGER AN ACTIVE BLOGGER! --- REVIEW POLICY

Follow me on Instagram

Saturday 24 March 2018

REVIEW: Magick by Mira Monroe

31543987

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

(Review from 2016)

I was given this advanced reading copy of Magick for an honest review from the author. A couple of months ago she asked me to be her beta-reader and when I was done I thought the book had potential so I asked her to tell me when it's done.

Now let's begin with the review.


OH, MY GOD! I am overwhelmed especially with the end of this book! I read it before it was finished and now, reading it again, I am amazed! This book is so much better now! And this ending!

I really like Mira Monroe's writing style and the way she describes everything. I enjoyed Magick very much and it didn't really take me long to read it even though I read slower in english. I love the world and the characters she's created and everything that was done. The difference between this book and the first copy I got is so big that I can't even comprehend it because this final edition is awesome!

Okay, I won't say what is the book about because the summary is just a few scrolls up and I can't really do that in english but I will say that everything is done in a very good way.

At first, the story might seem a little slow but soon after it catches up and everything starts to be so good I don't even know what's happened because I didn't really believe that I'd get to like it so much! I gave it 4 stars!

There is suddenly more action and the events are happening in a better way, you know? I even got that feeling when you are reading a good book and can't put it down! I really enjoyed it this much.

There are two things that I look for most in a book and thеy are:

1. The characters

I already said that Mira Monroe's created very good characters but they are many so I'll write about only some of them.

Willow is the main protagonist here and is what I call my type of heroine. She is an ordinary teenage girl but not at all. The thing I like most about her is that she seems to be open-minded because she easily accepted that she is a descendant of two powerful bloodlines of Wiccans. Personally, I get very irritated when the main characters can't accept who they are and the fact that Willow actually copes with it easily got me to like her instantly. Another reason is that she grows to be very powerful and there is nothing I love most than a powerful woman.

Rhydian is a mysterious character who I hope is her future love interest because there is something implied there, between them, but not quite much. I really want to see more of him, because I like him. Rhydian seems to be a good man and a powerful one as well. I love these kinds of men so I like him.

His relationship with Willow might be complicated but they barely know each other and that's why I hope in the second book I'll get to see them developing their relationship and getting closer.

I like Willow's friends because they support her no matter what happens and even though she is the reason some of them get hurt, they stay loyal to her and help her when she most needs them. There is nothing better than some good friends to back you up when bad times come.

I love the Guardians. There is nothing more that I love than a good big warrior of The Black Dagger Brotherhood type and I imagine Quinn, Cross and Tullen just like some of the brothers and they are refered to as big men so I quite like them. They are funny, to me at least, and I love characters like them.

I also realize that I constantly repeat myself but I can't really help it.
Lets just move to the second thing.

2. The end

God! The ending! It is quite changed and in a very good way. I can't be more satisfied with it! I mean It is very good and it gets you on a cliffhanger. It's very mean and very clever at the same time because now I crave the second book and want to know what happens next!

I love a good ending and usually, I either remove or add one star to my final rating because of it. It was very tensed, full of action and magick and it all went really well. I was really excited at the end and this fact speaks for itself. ^^

As a first book Magick is really good. It is easy to read and easy to like, especially if you are not pretentious like me. There is a time when I just want to read a book like this one, where everything is easy to understand and yet you enjoy it just as much as you would enjoy a harder read.
So, this is my opinion. ^^

Do you read books by indie authors?
If not, why?

1 comment:

  1. It's been so long since I read a book with Wiccans, so I'm interested in this. The way you described the characters (especially Rhydian) makes me want to meet them already! And the ending... I'm curious! Awesome review, Yuli! <3

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete