NO LONGER AN ACTIVE BLOGGER! --- REVIEW POLICY

Follow me on Instagram

Sunday 18 February 2018

Bookish Confessions


Hiya, fellas! Today I'm confessing all of my bookish sins!

1. When I don't have a bookmark nearby (which is a rarity but still) I get very tempted to dog-ear the page of a book BUT(!) I don't.


2. When I was younger and not a bookworm I was drawing in books and now I'm cringing at the mere thought of it.

3. I've been writing (prose) since I was little but 5 years ago I started writing seriously. And then I got into a writing slump and haven't written anything properly since.

4. The only present I ever give to people is books. They never get surprise-presents from me because I always ask them what book they'd like to receive and then I get it for them.

5. I never recommend books that I like to random people or even to people I know just because I've loved the book because all of them like different things and I try to give recommendations based on their interests and not mine. (I also find it very annoying when somebody recommends something to me just because I've said I love books. Most of the time it's either a classic (I don't like them), a book I'd never read or one that I've already read.)

6. Once I spilt some coffee on my book and didn't even flinch, now I'm cringing at the mere thought of it.

7. I drop my books everywhere and I don't even bat an eyelid. #guilty  (It's not that I do it on purpose, it's just that I'm so used to dropping books that I don't even care anymore.)

8. I prefer paperbacks.

9. I've never understood why people sniff books but that's probably because I'm almost nose deaf.

10. Most of my friends don't read. (And I don't try to make them.)

11. I don't judge non-readers.

12. Usually, when I go out I always have a book with me but recently I don't seem to need one...

13. I was afraid that I was going to stop reading altogether after 3 reading slumps, but I realised that I was actually changing and didn't seem to need them as much as before; still, I love reading.

14. I often leave my book with the pages down and I have no regrets.

15. I like broken spines.

16. I want to a writer someday but knowing how much stuff I have to go through I kinda... don't want to.

17. I hate rereading.

18. I hate editing.

19. I hate how some people say that everything that somebody can write has already been written or that I am very brave to want to write something and publish it when everything has already been written. This. Is. Not. True.

20. I don't feel guilty when I write negative reviews. I actually enjoy writing them more than anything else.

21. I always find it hard to review a book I've loved.

22. When I first became a blogger (3 years ago on my Bulgarian one) I thought that the only posts that counted as something were reviews and hated doing anything different.

23. I prefer reading in English than in my own language.

24. I once dropped my book in the mud.

25. I've never damaged my book on purpose because of an Instagram picture and I would never understand the people who do it even if they rip apart books they don't like or never intend to read. Yes, the pictures are beautiful but the books...

26. I've never bent a book cover to cover just to read it or for a picture.

27. My blog's name is Damaged Pages because I always end up damaging some of my pages unintentionally. I also like how it sounds.

These are my bookish confessions. What are some of yours?

5 comments:

  1. I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one who finds it hard to review a book I loved!! How do you put the feelings into words? How do you describe your favorite parts without giving everything away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! OMG, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  2. Ahaha Loved this post! I also used to doodle in books margins and write notes like a crazy person but now I almost ..... like those books more :o I know. It's nuts. But they're so personal and the drawings are so pathetic that I just cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one :D But the books I drew in were my children's books :D But still, I regret it, I was a kid who didn't like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I've dropped a book in a mud puddle too. ON ACCIDENT. I'm still traumatised at the thought honestly...cruel world *cries* And I love that you give thoughtful recommendations too! I try to do that, otherwise it just feels random and weird to be telling everyone to read my favourite book when they hate that genre. Isn't it setting us all up for disappointment?! (Also you have epic gift-giving skills.๐Ÿ˜‚)

    ReplyDelete